Falcon B Series Grade 2 Standard Duty Commercial Cylindrical Door Lock
Shop All Falcon
Shop All Falcon Commercial Door Locks
Shop All Falcon B Series Grade 2 Standard Duty Commercial Cylindrical Door Locks
Shop All Commercial Door Levers
Commercial Door Lever Finder Tool
Commercial Door Lever Help Center
When you need a tough, reliable lock at the right price point for a retail, industrial or multi-family project, you need a Falcon B Series lock. Our full line of Grade 2 locksets are a perfect replacement for existing locks, or a smart specification in new construction. With upgraded finishes, these locks deliver style as well as strength. Falcon B Series lock options include an interchangeable core that can be removed for quick, easy re-keying, and are compatible with SFIC products from other manufacturers. Most importantly, they’re backed by one of the best names in the business.
The Falcon B Series is not only certified but also tested beyond
ANSI/BHMA Grade 2 standards to ensure quality and reliability.
The Falcon B Series is the perfect lock when a door will be used
frequently and durability is needed, but Grade 1 security isn’t
required. A variety of functions, finishes and lever designs
allow the Falcon B Series to meet a variety of door applications.
- Example application: A moderate traffic door in a public
library is an appropriate application for the Falcon B Series.
- Functions: Passage, communicating, privacy, connecting,
entry, entry/office, classroom, storeroom, assisted living,
- Lever styles: Dane, Quantum
- Finishes: 605, 606, 613, 625, 626
Falcon B Series Features
- ANSI/BHMA: Certified ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2.
- UL: Listed for 3-hour fire door, A label.
- Functions: 10 commercial functions available. See page 10 for details.
- Finishes: 5 options available. See page 6 for finish color and comparative chart.
- Door thickness: 1 3⁄8" to 2" standard. See price book for exceptions on communicating lock functions.
- Backset: 2 3⁄4" standard. 2 3⁄8" and 5" also available (see price book).
- Mechanism: Parts constructed of brass or cold formed steel, zinc plated and dichromated for rust resistance. Springs are stainless steel.
- Attachment: Lock chassis secured to door by two screws which pass through a steel rose insert inside and thread directly into the outer rose mounting assembly.
- Handing: Locks are non-handed.
- Cylinders: Conventional cylinder, drilled with 6-pin chambers, pinned in 5 comes standard. Pinning in 6 chambers available (at no cost) when specified. Optional 7-pin conventional and 6- or 7-pin Small Format Interchangeable Core (SFIC) cylinders. Cylinder housings and plugs machined from solid brass. Springs are phosphor bronze. Two nickel silver keys furnished standard. See SFIC cylinder information on page 8 and B Series cylinder pages for additional options.
- Keyways: “G” keyway standard on conventional cylinders. “A” keyway standard on SFIC cylinders. Additional options: Falcon, Schlage and many Best and Arrow keyways.
- Trim: Roses are 3 1⁄2" diameter, heavy wrought brass or bronze, installed over steel rose inserts which are through-bolted through door. Levers are pressure cast zinc (solid levers no inserts) material finished to match mating parts.
- Latches: 1⁄2" bolt projection. UL (3-hour, A Label) listed. Latches have self-adjusting fronts to accommodate beveled or flat doors. 2 3⁄8" backset with 2 1⁄4" x 1" latchfaces, 2 3⁄4" backset with 2 1⁄4" x 1 1⁄8" latchfaces. Deadlocking latches have a solid round bar stock DL bar preventing latch jamming and/or lock outs.
- Strikes: 4 7⁄8" x 1 1⁄4" ANSI strike with curved lip to meet ANSI A115.2 door frame preparation standard.
- Screws: Furnished with combination screws for use in wood or metal doors and frames.
Key-in-lever cylindrical locksets shall be Falcon B Series or equal and meet the following requirements:
- All locks shall meet the ANSI/BHMA A156.2, Series 4000, Grade 2 test requirements for key-in-lever locksets.
- Locksets shall be UL Listed 3-hour, A Label.
- Lever trim shall have individual heavy-duty springs for lever return and to prevent lever sag. Trim shall be through-bolted with screws coated with thread sealant to provide strength and resistance to loosening.
- Roses shall be 3 1⁄2" diameter.
- All lever designs shall be solid (no inserts) and meet the federal ADA and state disability requirements.
- Locksets shall adjust to fit door thickness from 1 3⁄8" to 2".
- All locksets shall be non-handed and not require field disassembly for re-handing.
- Preparation for door must be non-handed.
- Acceptable manufacturer: Falcon lock
Levers are solid pressure cast zinc, finished to match mating parts. Roses are wrought brass or bronze installed over steel, through-bolted rose inserts. Levers are secured by a spring-loaded retainer. Retainer in keyed lever cannot be depressed without key.
- B341PD Connecting/Exit: Deadlocking latch bolt by inside lever except when locked by key. Non-removable blank plate on opposite side of lever (11/16" projection).
- B501PD Entry: Push button locking. Button on inside locks outside lever until unlocked by key or by rotating inside lever. Inside lever always free. Deadlocking latch bolt.
- B511PD Entry/Office: Turn/push button locking. Pushing and turning button locks outside lever requiring use of key until button is manually unlocked. Push button locking. Pushing button locks outside lever until unlocked by key or by rotating inside lever. Inside lever always free. Deadlocking latch bolt.
- B561PD Classroom: Deadlocking latch bolt by levers. Outside lever is locked by key in outside lever. Inside lever is always unlocked for immediate egress.
- B581PD Storeroom: Deadlocking latch bolt by lever inside or key outside. Outside lever is always locked. Inside lever is always unlocked for immediate egress.
- B611PD Dormitory/Corridor:
Deadlocking latch bolt by levers except when locked by push button on inside lever. Key in outside lever locks or unlocks outside lever and releases button. Closing door releases push button. Inside lever is always free.
- B101S Passage: Latch bolt by levers at all times.
- B161D Communicating Latch: Deadlocking latch bolt by inside lever. Non-removable blank plate outside.
- B301S Privacy: Latch bolt by levers. Outside lever locked by push button in inside lever. Rotating inside lever or closing door releases push button. Emergency release in outside lever unlocks door
Cross Reference Chart
10 Year Warranty
Automatic Door and Hardware is an authorized Falcon dealer. If you purchase this Falcon product from us we can offer you a 10 year warranty. For details please see manufacturer's warranty details page on their website.
We are proud to be an authorized Falcon dealer. But what does this mean to you as a customer?
This means you can buy with confidence knowing you will receive a brand-new, authentic product. Your product will come in its original packaging with all hardware, accessories, manuals, and instructions included by the manufacturer.
As an authorized dealer for Falcon we can ensure that all requirements have been met for the products we carry. When you buy from us, you can be rest assured your product is free from defects and covered under the original warranty. Since we are not a 3rd party reseller, you only have to deal with us for any warranty issue.
Customer satisfaction is always our top priority and we are standing by ready to provide you the best after market service. As an authorized dealer, this means if you or your technician needs technical assistance after you have purchased the product from us, simply notify the manufacturer your order number and you will have full access to manufacturer technical support. Since we are not a 3rd party reseller you can depend on reliable technical assistance with any questions you may have.
Buy with confidence. Buy authorized!