UL Certified, ANSI Grade 1, ADA Approved Hydraulic Door Closer Designed To Automatically Close Manual Commercial Doors
Commando door closers are widely the preferred choice among building owners and commercial door contractors in America. The reason why? They last. Commando door closers use the highest quality materials including the most durable springs and o-ring seals. This results in the Commando door closer outlasting other door closer brands. In fact, the Commando door closer is certified Grade 1 by ANSI/BHMA, meaning it has been tested for over 2 million door cycles, the highest grade possible for a door closer. The Commando door closer is ideal for any commercial door type including hollow metal steel doors, commercial wood doors, and storefront aluminum doors. Experience the Commando door closer today and never look back!
Commando Door Closer Kit Includes
- Grade 1 Heavy Duty Commando Door Closer
- Standard / Regular Arm and Parallel Bracket (Tri-packed)
- Installation Instructions
Commando Door Closer Features
- The Commando commercial door closer features an adjustable spring power size ranging from size 1 (lightest spring tension) up to size 6 (the strongest spring tension). Size 1 spring power is good for commercial interior doors 32" wide or commercial exterior doors up to 28" wide. Whereas a spring power size of 6 could be used on commercial interior doors 60" wide or commercial exterior doors up To 54" wide.
- The Commando door closer features a heavy duty diecast aluminum body ensuring a long product life span
- The Commando door closer arm is constructed from forged steel, preventing the door arm from bending under tension or load.
- Each Commando door closer is tri-packed, meaning it includes the standard arm and parallel arm bracket. This allows the Commando door closer to be installed in any three configurations: regular arm installation, top jamb arm installation, or parallel arm installation.
Commando Door Closer Certifications
- The Commando door closer is ANSI/BHMA A156.4 Grade 1 Certified and has been tested and exceeded over 2 million door cycles.
- The Commando door closer is UL/C-UL Listed, signifying product reliability and performance.
- The Commando door closer is Underwriters' Laboratories Inc. Listed UL 10B and UL 10C Compliant for positive pressure. The Commando door closer can be installed on fire rated doors.
- The Commando door closer is certified to conform to UBC 7-2 (1997, UL 228)
- The Commando door closer is barrier free operation and complies with Federal Accessibility Standards (ADA): Complying with ANSI A117.1 (4.13.11)
- The Commando door closer is ADA compliant.
Available Commando Door Closer Options
Commando Door Closer Hold Open Option
- This option allows you to add a hold open arm to your Commando door closer, instead of the regular arm.
- Commando hold open arms are adjustable for holding the door in position from 90 degrees to 180 degrees.
- The Commando hold open arm is recommended for entrances that receive packages or cargo or in buildings with peak traffic times.
- This option is great for keeping the door open for a long period of time.
- This option is a perfect alternative to a door floor stop, which can sometimes be a trip hazard to pedestrians.
Commando Door Closer Backcheck or Delayed Action Option:
- This option allows you to add either backcheck or delayed action to your door closer.
- Backcheck is an adjustable valve on the door closer body that cushions the door as it approaches the full open position. This is recommended abusive or high traffic entrances. Backcheck lengthens the life of your door and closer, since pedestrians are unable to "slam" the door open.
- Delayed Action is recommended for all ADA entrances. This valve adjustment controls the period of time the door remains in the full open position. It is a great safety feature which allows elderly or handicap pedestrians to have enough time to carefully pass through the doorway, without having the door close on them too soon.
Commando Door Closer Drop Plate
- This option allows you to add a drop plate or back plate to the Commando door closer. This is often used for installations where low headroom is available, so the door closer must drop down below the frame head. Or when the door closer is mounted top jamb and the frame is not wide enough to support all mounting holes so a back plate is needed.
- Regular Arm Drop Plates, Top Jamb Back Plates, or Parallel Arm Drop Plates are available.
Commando Door Closer Mounting Hardware
- Sex Nuts: Recommended for steel fire rated door applications. Provides a heavy duty door closer body attachment to the surface of the door.
- Thru Bolt and Grommets: Recommended for wood or aluminum storefront door applications.