ADH Select Extra Heavy Duty All Weather Corrosion Resistant Aluminum Door Closer, For Interior Doors Up To 60" Wide and Exterior Doors Up To 48" Wide
Versatile, durable, and reliable, featuring modern styling for institutional or high-traffic commercial applications. ADH Select's AS890500 Series, Grade 1 hydraulic surface closers are housed in corrosion-resistant aluminum with a hardened pinion/piston providing toughness and high-strength. The arm hub is made from forged steel. Standard on the AS890500 Series closers are backcheck positioning with two adjustment valves, adjustable spring sizes from 1-6. Independently certified to 10 million, the AS890500 Series closers are ideal for a variety of heavy-duty, as well as barrier-free, applications.
The heavy-duty AS890500 Series non-handed surface applied door closer with adjustable spring power and backcheck positioning adjustment. The AS890500 has two independent, noncritical adjustment valves to control sweep and latch closing speeds. The backcheck positioning valve maintains an effective backcheck range on parallel arm applications. The AS890516 will be available with field adjustable spring power from size 1-6 for barrier-free requirements. All closers to have field adjustable spring power from size 1-6 and meet barrier-free requirements. The AS890556 will be adjustable size 5 to 6 +50% additional closing force over the size 6. All AS890500 fully adjustable spring force door closers to include an integral design to positively stop adjustment of the spring at the minimum and maximum spring force settings.
- Available as AS890516 with fully adjustable spring sizes 1-6. Size 1 (5 lb opening force) meets interior barrier-free AD requirements.
- AS890516 may be used on doors up to 48" wide interior (42" wide exterior) and up to 180 lb.
- AS890556 available with adjustable spring sizes of 56 +50% for use on exceptionally wide, tall,or heavy doors.
- Non-handed for regular, top jamb, and parallel arm applications.
- Backcheck (BC) valve(standard) provides adjustable intensity hydraulic cushioning,preventing uncontrolled door opening to protect door and frame during abusive or abrupt opening.
- POS backcheck positioning valve (standard) maintains an effective backcheck range on parallel arm applications. Valve is accessible with the closer installed.
- Full adjustment using BC, POS,Sweep and Latch valves standard.
- Optional delayed action (DA)adjustable with separate independent valve to allow for unobstructed passage through opening. Full plastic cover standard.Full metal or full plastic slotted covers optional.
- All tamper-resistant (hex key)valve adjustments (including POS) accessible with closer installed.
- Standard components required for three most popular mounting configurations (Reg,TJ, PA).
- Standard fasteners include separate wood and metal screws and SN1 sex nuts for 1-3/4" thick doors.
- Full-sized templates enable accurate installation.
- A variety of specialty arm options, interchangeable across most ADH Select surface closer models.
- Full complement of optional plates and brackets available for special applications.
- Screw options include self drilling and tapping screws (DPK89) for steel door and frame applications or self tapping screws (TPK89) for aluminum door and frame applications.
- Stainless steel (ASST05A Series) model available
- Available with holder/release with (ASEM05R Series) or without (ASEM05F Series) photoelectric detector to control spread of smoke and fire.
- ANSI/BHMAA156.4 Grade 1 certified.
- UL and CUL listed.
- Meets UL10C for positive pressure.
- Meets ANSI/BHMA A117.1and ADA for barrier-free accessibility.
- CSFM approved.
- Spring size (AS890516 shipped as size 4) 1-6
- Parallel arm bracket
- Full line of specialty function arms and plates
- Backcheck positioning adjustment (POS)
- Controlled closing with two adjustment valves 180 degree-15 degree / 15 degree -0 degree
- SN1 sex nuts for 1-3/4" thick doors included
- Full cover (plastic)
Standard Sprayed Finishes
- Aluminum: 689
- 691 (Dull Bronze)
- 690 (Statuary Bronze)
- 695 (Dark Duranodic Bronze)
- Gold: 696
- Black: 693